18 May 2009

false start

As the weather was a touch inclement this weekend, I decided to start Sophie's christening cardigan. I had been unable to purchase the the Sublime yarn in town, so got a 4ply by Patons in a 100% cotton, which knitted up to the same tension, or so it said on the band. Well not being one for tension squares, I ploughed straight in. Cross wise tension was perfect, so carried on, then I noticed that it was all getting a bit on the long side, altered the pattern, and finished the back. But as this is such an important cardigan I can't compromise, so as I have plenty of time, I will rip it out, start again with the correct yarn, which no doubt I will have to purchase online, as Cambridge is so rubbish. The Patons yarn will get used for something else, so it's a bit more for my stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x