28 October 2009

What to charge .........

I'm in a bit of a quandary over the pricing of my hand knitted items. If you charge too little you are under valuing yourself, too much and you put people off. I recently knitted a slouchy beret and charged £10, but I just went on to this website and they charge a minimum of £20 for theirs. So what is a fair price when you take away the cost of the materials, I love knitting so that's not an issue but how do you put a fair price on your time? I would love some input please.

On another note I had a good sort out last night, clothes, bedding, towels etc all given to a large family whose house recently burned down, they lost everything. So if my contribution can make a difference then I am pleased. It's made me feel good anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x