18 December 2009

The north wind doth blow and we will have snow......

and no electricity!!! Our power went off at 9:50pm last night and finally came back on at 2:15pm this afternoon, then went off again, then on, currently its been stable for about an hour now. Fortunately we have plenty of candles and matches, a bath by candle light is very romantic but the goose bumps from the resulting dash to a cold bedroom not so! My morning cuppa was made in a saucepan on the gas hob, breakfast by candle light too - bread and jam as I didn't want to keep opening the fridge. Its amazing all the jobs you think you'll do then realise you can't, oh how we rely on our electricity. I was supposed to get my hair cut and coloured today also, but the salon in Over had the same problem, as did Rachel, so she came down to keep warm - curtesy of our wood burner - as her boss told her not to come into work. So we've put up the tree and decorations, been for a walk and I took some pictures of the garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x