6 June 2010

50/100 - one for sorrow.........

I find myself doing the Norwich 100 cycle report earlier than expected.

Whilst training Peter has had a problem with his knee and unfortunately it has let him down badly today, to the point where after the first 10 miles he had to be seen by a kind lady from St Johns Amublance.  At the 25 mile split they decided to take the 50 mile route rather than risk the 100. 

When I asked Rachel why she hadn't gone on to do the 100 on her own,  she started to sing that Rolf Harris song - Two Little Boys, as in

'Did you think I would leave you dying
When there's room on my horse for two
Climb up here Joe, we'll soon be flying
I can go just as fast with two
Did you say Joe I'm all a-tremble
Perhaps it's the battle's noise
But I think it's that I remember
When we were two little boys'




They did achieve the 50 miles, not that they feel any satisfaction, and I know they are both very frustrated, especially when they've trained so hard.  I'm just glad to have them home in one piece.  I think it will be a while before Peter is doing any major cycling, though I'm sure he will tell me otherwise.



Rachel's theory on the day - "well it started badly when Dad killed a magpie on the way to Norwich"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x