31 December 2010

Heralding 2011...... and a look back on 2010

I'll be early and wish you all a happy new year, not that I plan to have heavy evening you understand.  Just a quiet steak dinner with hubby, a few drinks maybe.....

We have enjoyed spending time with Rufus this last week, he been back and forth and I got to spend the afternoon with him yesterday whilst his mummy went out for lunch and to see Harry Potter with her daddy.  We had a good time sleeping/walking/dancing, we made eggy bread for tea and had fun at bath time, though I was glad to have Rachel around for the tea/bathtime, you really do forget how to do things one handed, especially with a wriggly little boy.


2010 has been a good year for us - mainly due to the appearance of Rufus in June, I just can't imagine life without him now.  We've had a busy year, lots of concerts, 4 good holidays, several weekend breaks.  A few ups and downs healthwise within the extended family, but everyone seems to be ending the year on a high, fingers crossed.

I am thankful to the new friends I have made on Ravelry and so pleased to have had the opportunity to meet Susan whilst we were in Chicago at the end of June.  I hope that I will have the chance to meet up with some of the others at some point, so ladies if you find yourselves in the UK please let me know, the door is always open for a visit. I must also mention the ladies at the Medway Craft Group in Huntingdon, see you all on Thursday.

I have achieved a fair amount knitting wise - 60 items knitted from my non-decreasing stash plus a number of other garments that I have bought yarn for.  I plan to try and stash bust again this year but pretty yarn is just sooooo tempting.  I had some new toys for christmas - circular/rectangular knitting looms, when I've finished my current project - something for me for a change, I will have a play and see what I can create.

Our garden is looking very neglected, so many leaves still to clear up but the garden has either been too wet or too frozen.  I still have a sack of daffodil bulbs to plant, bit to late now, though I guess I could plant them up and try them indoors.

However you plan to spend your new year's eve, I hope you have a good safe time and wish you all a healthy 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x