9 February 2011

What’s on your needles today?

Mine? I’m now knitting up some samples for Abravo Alpacas. This is the yarn I’m using



Grade 2 – superfine British alpaca yarn blended with 10% superfine merino wool to give a beautiful soft warm yarn. Undyed, unbleached yarn, soft off white colour which will complement all skin tones. Treat your alpaca with care, handwash in cool water and dry flat. Do not iron. Knits as DK (thick) 13 wpi. 50 gram ball £6.50

I’m knitting a headband which was designed and written by Pauline Hornsby, so far, so good, after a false start getting the tension correct, who knew that needle composition can alter your tension, I certainly didn’t. Other designs are planned, though I'm not sure I'm too comfortable with the fingerless cable gloves knitted in the round, a bit outside my comfort zone I think!  The yarn is lovely and soft though so a real treat to knit with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x