11 May 2011

On my needles.....

Knitting - I am managing to get a bit of knitting done in between the painting and the gardening.  I have completed the Cute Cardigan from recent Simply Knitting supplement.  I knitted it up in King Cole Splash, its an acrylic yarn, very soft.  Not too happy with the button holes, the one on the neck band is slightly out of line.  This will be going to the Baby Pack Project.  I plan to make up another package but it will be a while before it gets sent off.


I have embarked on another Ten Stitch Blanket, this is number three, and will be a blue/grey combo. I managed to find plenty of yarn in my stash.  At this rate I will be able to go shopping again as my stash is coming down nicely.


I picked up a good assortment of buttons in the charity shop yesterday, around 30 buttons of £2.25, can't remember the last time I paid full price for buttons.  I love a button box. I inherited a button tin from my grandmother in law, and this was a source of amusement for the girls for years.  They would tip it out and sort through just to see what there was.  I am now a bit more organised and actually have my buttons colour coordinated in boxes, sad I know but quicker to find what I'm looking for.  Still have the old tin though


The painting of the garden room is coming along slowly, its takes such along time to cut in around the beams, still its keeping me out of mischief and Peter has cooked dinner every evening this week!!  Bless him, well its that or starve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x