7 August 2011

In a pickle with glad tidings

I bring you glad tidings..........

First the safe arrival of Nils on 2 August to Adelle and Neil - enjoy your new son.

Two engagement annoucements - the first is my god daughter Chloe to her partner Liam and the second my niece Lauren to her partner Danny. Congratulations to you all.

And then to the pickle - the runner beans are starting to take over so I have produced the first batch of Delia's Spiced Pickled Runner Beans, this is such a firm favourite in our house that I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Posted by Picasa
So how has your weekend been, we went to Ely yesterday, had a wander round the town, then down to the river and the antiques centre.  Tea and scones at a riverside tearoom, pleasant way to spend Saturday morning.  The afternoon was spent moving the internet connection downstairs, hanging pictures and clearing weeds and trimming back bushes in the front garden.

Today apart from pickle making, I have finished a book - Mister Pip - an enjoyable read, chatting to my mother.  We've not ventured down to see the new guided bus which is supposed to start today, will it improve our lives - I don't think so, just spoil our walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x