6 December 2011

Christmas baking

 I started on my christmas baking today.  First on the list was Panforte or as the girls call it, adult cake.  The first time I made this was when they were much younger and they weren't keen on it at all.  I love the flavours of spices, fruit, nuts and chocolate, just a small slice with a cup of coffee.  This is a photo from the net as mine is still cooling, and I can't be bothered to get the camera out and fiddle about.


We will have one of the christmas puddings I made last year, all the better for a years' maturing.  I don't make a christmas cake as I'm the only one that really eats it and I don't need the extra calories.  I buy mini stollen, which we all love. So apart from mince pies which I make on christmas eve, thats about it for now.  Peter and Rachel are cooking christmas dinner again this year so I get off lightly.

The shopping is going well, just a bit more to do, cards to write and then the wrapping - which is the bit I enjoy.  I am using up the last of this years' holiday so only 3 day weeks for me now til we close for the holidays, yay........

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x