29 April 2012

Blue sky, I can see blue sky

The sound track to this weekend has been rain, rain, lots of rain.  But as I type I can finally see some blue.  Typical, not enough of Sunday left to do anything; you watch the sun will be out in time for work tomorrow.

This weekend - those that read my blog regularly will know that we have 3 birthday's in 8 days in April, so it has become a bit of a tradition to go out for cocktails and dinner on one of the weekends.  This year we have had 2 milestone birthdays - Peter being 60 and Rachel being 30.  So we plumped to go last night as it was Rachels' day.  Saturday started with breakfast at Bill's in Cambridge with Rachel  and Stuart, which was very enjoyable.  It was then back home to finish off Rachel's birthday cake before Rufus and Co turned up - carrot cake hearts with vanilla butter cream frosting, peanut M&M's for the initials and name


I wish you could have seen the little man's face when he walked into the garden room and saw his John Deere, unfortunately I had left the camera in the house - stupid I know.  Anyway to say he was excited would be an understatement.


We had a good evening out - cocktails in Las Iguanas - this is new to Cambridge so we thought we would give it a go, we normally go to Browns - followed by dinner at Efes - the only thing that spoilt the evening was the fact that we all got soaked walking between venues and back to the car.  With Beck's being 26 week pregnant we had a driver this year - handy.


Even Aunty Rachel got in on the act - morning after - and yes its still raining


and still raining.............  can you spot the cheeky squirrels they didn't seem to mind the rain - it rained so much I had to do this. Got the back of my top finished and cast on the front.



then finally at 3:30 it stopped raining and we got this, better late than never





I hope you enjoyed all the posts from Knitting & Crochet Blog Week - I have so many posts to catch up on as I've been otherwise engaged this weekend.  I will give you a run down on the stats and point you in the way of some new blogs I found over the course of the week.  Its good fun, but I really wouldn't want to do it every week!

5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL!
    Sounds like such a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, despite the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures! Sounds like you had a great weekend of birthdays, even if it was raining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute pics of the little man and the tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like things are greening up! Such a beautiful yard!

    That cake is so cute and cheery! I love the hearts and initial idea ;)

    My father-in-law is an International man. He makes us paint the green toy tractors red! Cute pictures of the joy in that little one's face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x