29 April 2012

Day 7 - Crafting Balance

Are you a knitter or a crocheter, or are you a bit of both? If you are monogamous in your yarn-based crafting, is it because you do not enjoy the other craft or have you simply never given yourself the push to learn it? Is it because the items that you best enjoy crafting are more suited to the needles or the hook? Do you plan on ever trying to take up and fully learn the other craft? If you are equally comfortable knitting as you are crocheting, how do you balance both crafts? Do you always have projects of each on the go, or do you go through periods of favouring one over the other? How did you come to learn and love your craft(s)?

I'm a knitter - once a knitter always a knitter.  As I said on yesterday's post, crochet is something I need and will master.  But for know knitting fulfils me.

I was taught to knit by my mother while at primary school, we also did basic knitting in school, and at an after-school girls group.  I only ever knitted squares and simple scarfs.  As the years went by other things took over and I lost interest.  Can you believe it!   It was my husband's Granny that got me back into knitting.  He had asked her to make him a hat for work and she said "no, you have a wife get her to knit you one".  So I sat down with her and by the end of the afternoon I was half way through my first hat, and the rest as they say is history. 

This is the last post for Knitting & Crochet Blog Week 2012 - I have enjoyed writing, reading and commenting.  Thanks should go to Eskimimi for organising this event again.  I hope that those of you that have visited my blog will pop back from time to time to see what I am up to.  I certainly have visited some brilliant blogs and plan to increase my reading list.  Just need to make more time in my day to catch up on everyone.

5 comments:

  1. It has been a busy but fun week hasn't it! So glad to have met you. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed this week so much. I can't believe how many posts I've read! I think this was even better than last year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed this week too Sue - Your posts have been great. See you next week! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that his Granny made you do it! And good thing she did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story, I love hearing about people's knitting adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x