3 April 2012

Followers & Comments

First I'd like to welcome my new followers, always good to see your numbers going up;  makes it all worth while writing the blog if someone is going to read it.  I love to receive comments too, but have noticed that some of you are "nonreply-commenters" which is a real shame as I'd love to thank you personally for your lovely comments.  I think its something in your settings so if you'd like a reply from me then check it out.  If not, I'll try and find a way round it.

Update to above - you may not know you are an noreply-commenter, so to check out do the following:

Go to your dashboard, click on edit profile, check the box - show my email, then hit save.  Hopefully you will then receive lots of replies to your comments



Whilst on the subject of comments and followers I know there are some of you that read my blog on a regular basis but aren't followers.  Come on don't be shy, I'd love to know who you are and check out your blogs if you have one.

Whilst I have you, here are the factoid and quote for the day

1954 - The University of Oxford won the 100th Boat Race .......... boo hiss come on Cambridge

Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time

5 comments:

  1. Gathering active followers is a process. Keep at it and keep linking in to blog hops PLUS commenting on other people's blogs is a big way to get the comments/followers back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with the above comment. If you make a point of being visible in other people's blogs, they're much more likely to become active in yours, too. I think it's easy for those of us who work to create an interesting blog to forget that we perhaps need to stop at other people,too and make a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still really curious as to what you mean by non-reply commenters. I'm not aware of any kind of blogger based service which will enable you to directly reply to a comment and have the commenter be aware of it (I would love it if it were possible because I want to get to know people better). I know that you can reply to their comment on your blog, but then it never tells the commenter about it and they have to remember to come back to the blog later to see if you responded. Anyways, I love reading your posts, keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip, I didn't realise I was a non-reply commentor!! and Happy Blog Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, GO Cambridge!!!!
    I'm a new Blogger and am slowly getting followers - I agree it helps to get to know people on other blogs and although it takes time hopping around, it is fun and very inspirational!
    I like to respond by email too - or on my blog if they don't leave an address...not sure if i have! better check :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x