7 November 2012

WIP Wednesday again

Here we are, the first Wednesday in November, where has the year gone?  We had the first mild frost on Saturday and a sharp frost yesterday, the shame was yesterday turned to rain after a promising start.



My WIP's this week are -

Lady Kina, is still as it was 2 weeks ago, oh the shame, but as this is for me I feel I can leave it for a while.



Two gifts in progress - the first is the Childry Shawl knitted with Zettl Cortina - 75% super wash wool/25% polymide.  This is a very easy knit, I learned a new cast-on - backward loop, very easy and stretchy and ideal for 'cast on type' buttonholes I found.


The Oliver jumper knitted in King Cole Big Value yarn


Not much reading has been done - still working my way through the Miss Reads, but with a holiday coming up I hope to get plenty of reading and knitting done. For more WIPs go to Tamis or Ginny's 

8 comments:

  1. You managed to knit a whole sweater for yourself! Even if you never get to the finishing that is major from my world view! The shawl looks pretty and I love it when a pattern teaches some little way to do things different hopefully better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are gorgeous! Great color choices

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I love your view of the roofs! And your projects are beautyful. I hope you can find enough time for finishing. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been working on more gifts? You are so disciplined! Although I suppose fun patterns and soft yarn choices doesn't make it so bad. You are definitely going to be ready for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful palette of fall colours in your Childry. Looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It always makes me feel better when I see other knitters with multiple projects on the go. If those gifts are for Christmas it looks like you are on track to get them finished in time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x