31 December 2012

Last post of 2012

This is my last posting for 2012.  It has been a good year. There is too much to recap on but the most important thing to happen was the safe arrival of Laurie in July.






3 days









5 months







Another significant factor this year has been the weather.  To say its been wet would be an understatement.  I can't actually remember such a wet year, ever.  This Christmas break has been wet too.  The only dry days being Boxing Day morning (Wed) and yesterday (Sun).  These were the only days we managed to get out for a decent walk.  When I say walk more like a slip and slide in some places.  Pathways blocked and those that were open were a mud bath in places.  It was good to get out for some air after being forced to stay in (knitting, such a hardship!).  We did go and see the Hobbit too.

Boxing Day walk
As posted a few weeks ago the fields around here were pretty wet. They now are a whole lot worse..... but we are the lucky ones, our homes are dry and safe and whilst one or two people in the village are inconvenienced (see above picture) they at least have dry homes.  My heart goes out to many in the UK who are displaced and their homes wrecked due to the severe flooding.

Anyway back to the walk.

field on the left?
there's a lake in here somewhere
this is a field
we nearly didn't get though
this is a field too
mud
foot path
foot bridge
there's a foot path along there somewhere between the lake and the drain
see there is the start of the foot path
so we won't go that way either
another foot path
the Great River Ouse is in there somewhere
another field
escaped foot bridge
more mud
lots more mud
even more mud
Mere Fen - this floods most winters and if it freezes hard enough then people skate on here - see this link for details
With more rain forecast for today it won't be getting dry around here anytime soon.  New Years Day is looking dry and sunny so maybe we can get out again. We always think we are getting a good long holiday but it goes all too quickly and before you know its back to work.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for stopping by to read my blog; I love to read your comments so keep them coming.  Why not become a follower or LIKE us on Facebook.

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy New Year.  
I hope 2013 is kind to you all.



Best wishes Sue xx

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of water!
    I do love to go on virtual walks with you though.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read about the flooding in Britain, but your pictures bring to life how bad it is much better than the news stories. The farmers are going to have a mess to sort out in the spring. I look forward to reading your blog in 2013. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've very much enjoyed following along with you this year! I hope you ring in the new year with the people you love! See you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that mud! I was sorry to hear about the serious flooding, I hope that people are receiving enough aid. As always, I enjoy hearing from you and I look forward to another wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some serious flooding. Hoping 2013 is good to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures describe it all. A wonderful baby, so well loved, and the worst of the British wet weather. Wishing you and yours the best of everything in 2013.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x