6 February 2013

Wobbly Wednesday

Wondering about the title?

I am currently off work with a bout of Labyrinthitis, you know sick, dizzy head.  I'm ok if I keep my head in a certain position, most annoying is the ringing in my ears.  I have Prochlorperazine for nausea and dizziness, but these make me feel sleepy and a bit woolly mouthed.  I am signed off till next Monday and have to be assessed before I can return to work

I CAN'T KNIT!! I tried yesterday afternoon but it made me feel awful.  As I said, if I keep my head still I'm ok, so at least I can do small amounts of computer time and reading. I am not allowed to drive, not that I feel in the least like doing so.  Annoyingly, I can't go to my Knitting Group this week, no one that goes lives anywhere near to me and the thought of getting on a bus fills me with dread, I really would be sick!! I'm not the best traveler, getting very car sick

I've not done any knitting since Saturday afternoon, so no progress on the Ten Stitch at all.  I have started a pair of Smockie's for a friend of the youngest who is expecting twin girls.  My daughter has a thing about the Smockie pattern! I have knitted so many of these, see here, here, here and here.  I try to make them different each time.  I can't decide how to decorate these?  Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I am knitting these from some yarn from my recent stash enhancement.  It Czarina Jumbo DK - just an acrylic yarn, but it has knitted up fine and will be easy care for a new Mum with 2 babies.







I have managed some reading, finishing the Phillipa Gregory - Kingmakers Daughter.  I wasn't sure when I started it, lots of overlaps from previous books, but then I suppose it is written from another characters point of view, so the story is going to feel similar in parts.  I then went on the read The Last Letter from your Lover by JoJo Moyes, which I enjoyed very much.  A love story based in the 50/60's and present day, it was interesting to see the attitudes to marriage and family life back then and to see just how lack morals are today! An easy read, one that I couldn't put down.  I currently have another Miss Read on the go, life was so simple back then........

11 comments:

  1. Oh no. please do all you need and get well Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself and feel better soon. LOVE the little jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. My mom had a similar thing two years ago, and I remember how terrible she felt. I hope you make a quick recovery. The Smockie is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I'm so sorry! My mom had Labyrinthitis a few times, and it really sucks. Hope you get well soon! There's nothing good about being able to miss work but not being able to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you aren't well, hope you are feeling much better really quickly.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending you get well wishes...your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon.

    The dress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little dresses. My mum had the same thing for a while, but it has cleared up completely now. She did find it difficult as it seemed to strike her without much warning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly, the fact that you can't knit is even worse! I really hope you feel better soon, I'm glad that you've been able to catch up on some reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better very quickly. This Smockie pattern is so cute. I have so many baby girl gifts to make and when I tried to get the pattern off of Ravelry the link to it is dead. Would you be willing to share the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to read you have been so unwell, that sounds horrible! I hope you are feeling better soon. Cute Smockies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x