1 June 2014

Family - Taking tea

Saturday, we took Peter's mum out for the afternoon.  We popped over to Burwash Manor.  Right on our doorstep, but would be believe, we had never been before!

There are a good mix of unique shops (see link above for details), a tea room, alpacas, pigs and a lovely deli/butchers.  Of course my camera came along and I managed to take a few pictures to document the afternoon. We will definitely be going back

super toy shop here

The Larder - we got asparagus, pancetta, boudin noir , bacon, lots of yummy things to choose from
The Florist




Stockist of Providence and Farrow & Ball paints, such lovely colours
Mother and son - she looks good for nearly 87 wouldn't you agree
Afternoon tea, we didn't manage 2 a piece so the rest went home



5 comments:

  1. This looks a really good place to visit, one for me to remember!
    We often find places to visit nearby us that we've never visited before and they're so lovely that we can't help wonder why on earth it's our first visit.
    Your mother in law certainly doesn't look her age, she's obviously out of the same mould as my mum. I just hope I have her genes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like my kind of place. Your MIL looks fabulous, very classy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely outing! I agree - your mother-in-law looks great for 87. I would have guessed her age to be at least ten years younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be going there when I visit, yes?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a charming place. Your MIL looks great. We just visited my FIL for his 91st birthday. He's another one who looks good for his age. I don't think many people would guess he is 91.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x