22 July 2014

Holiday - Carcassonne



High on a hill stands a fairytale castle 
  like something a child would draw.  


I love it 


Its the second we have been. 
It didn't disappoint 
though the weather could have been kinder


After our initial walk around 
a stop for coffee 
and then some lunch - apparently my cassoulet is better


we paid to walk the battlements
that too was fun, though a tad scary at times


The French don't seem to worry about health and safety


You need to have a head for heights


 and watch out for the pigeons


and ALL the tourists 
yes I know we were there too!


Want to see some photos


Here they come ........







see what I mean about health and safety - kids were running around these!






















Wondering about all those letters earlier on, they come from here, not a great shot but I couldn't fit it all in.  They tell the history


Carcassonne new town was pleasant, when I say new, its pretty old too. Check out the links at the start of the post for the history bits.  It has a great market on a Saturday, busy, but some amazing produce. Here are some random shots of old buildings etc that we spotted whilst wandering around.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x