30 July 2014

Knitting - WIPs on Wednesday


I have had a request for knitted flowers.  Having never knitted flowers other than embellishments this is a first for me.  I am making up samples so that the recipient can decide which they prefer.  I was amazed how many flower patterns there are out there.  I found some great patterns on ODDknits today, which I have printed off and plan to make an example of each.

The samples below were found on Ravelry.




Currently they are on bamboo sticks.  But I have ordered some covered wires so that they can be positioned.  The centres are from a necklace I bought in the charity shop for £1, they would need to be sorted to remove the hole but as a sample they are fine. So if you know anywhere to buy beads with just one hole let me know.




My other WIP is obvious, details of pattern below




The ten stitch is still languishing in my basket.  So thats it for today

4 comments:

  1. I've never even thought of making knitted flowers, those look like they could be really fun! That little sweater is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some much like these but glued them onto old coloured plastic knitting needles and they looked quite pretty. You could bend the needles slightly if you immerse them in boiling water - but very carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers. A couple of friends of mine filled some glass jars with crocheted ones for mothers day this year. They were very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little girls sweater is simply adorable! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x