3 November 2014

Knitting - my list keeps growing

Every time I think I am running out of things to knit, I get another request or an idea, which is good as I was starting to panic, can't have a evening in without some knitting, its what keeps me awake!  I still have Ru's slipover to finish but as I won't see him for another couple of weeks I have plenty of time.

Whilst away last week we spotted a baby in some cute legwarmers and I thought, I can make those, so I played around yesterday and came up with these.  I included some little straps to keep socks or shoes on and because I still had some yarn left I made a matching wide headband.  Whether Miss J will keep it on remains to be seen, but it will keep her ears warm.  The yarn I used was Sirdar Click Aran with wool




If you fancy having a go at some yourself then these will fit approx 12 months.

Cast on 34 stitches on 4.5mm needles.  Work 4 rows in 2 x 2 rib, then garter stitch until the work measures 5" (or the length you want), then work 6 rows in 2 x 2 rib and then cast off.  For the strap cast on 16 stitches and work 3 rows in garter stitch. Cast off.  Sew up the side seam and attach the strap to to shorter rib edge.  Make your second on and there you have it a pair of leg warmers.  For the headband I just cast on 66 stitches and 2 x 2 rib until it was roughly the size I wanted, cast off loosely. Add a flower or decorate as desired.

I will post a photo of them being worn when I have one.

4 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you'll have to be ready to catch the headband fast before it gets flung across the room! these are so cute and thank you for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the reasons I picked up my knitting needles again, to ensure I stayed awake to the end of my "must see" TV programmes. From then on my knitting and crochet gained pace.
    Love the leg warmers and head band and also your photos of southwold in your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and clever. I look forward to seeing them on the lovely model.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I bet they look even better on the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x