7 March 2015

Knitting - Appeal Knitting

As I am inbetween knitting projects at the moment I decided to lend a hand and knit for some of the many appeals on Facebook.

The first was an appeal by Lara Evans for Give a Dog a Coat, as I had recently made some quick and easy dog coats I decided to knit up a few for her using oddments from stash.  The great thing about this pattern is it doesn't matter what thickness yarn you use, the resultant coat will fit someone.

The first two I used aran weight yarn and the bottom two were 2 strands of DK,  I like the effect you get from the 2 DK.





I also found the squares (I had planned to make a blanket), hopefully Lara can do something with them

Next was an appeal for hats and gloves etc for Compassion Direct UK - Knit for Kids.  As I knitted loads before Christmas, I plan to send them off a parcel from stock.

Both appeals are for a good causes and if nothing else you are clearing your stash of oddments and helping make a difference to someones life. Both parcels will be going off next week.

Have a great weekend I am off to the Spring Knitting and Stitching Show today.  I'll post what I buy!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Sue, the coats are really beautiful. Yes they will make a difference to someones life......they may even SAVE a life !! :) Thanks for knitting some love xxx Lara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x