22 October 2015

Autumn days

With British Summer Time ending this weekend, it heralds the start of the long dark evenings.  Part of me rejoices in the fact that I can knit without that slight guilt that I should be doing something else!

There is certainly plenty to do in the garden, leaves, leaves and more leaves, and still so many on the trees. Just love the colours.










I currently don't have the energy or inclination to get outside and start clearing up, it must be done, but I'm hoping for a strong wind to blow them into a neighbours garden!

As thoughts turn to the colder days, I have freshen up the blankets in the garden room, love to be able to snuggle under these.  All Ten-Stitch blankets, I really need to make another, they are such fun to do.  To knit yours check out the link above, it's a free pattern, though Frankie does ask for donations to the Children's Liver Disease Foundation, I'll leave that to your conscience. 



Fig tree logs drying out, these make for a lovely fragranced cosy fire, we've yet to fire up the log burners but it won't be long if the forecast is anything to go by.




2 comments:

  1. The autumn leaves are so pretty, but there is that downside about needing to rake them up and dispose of them. I hope you are starting to feel better and regain your energy this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does your neighbours read your blog I wonder?
    Autumn colours are just so beautiful and with the clocks changing I get that cosy feeling indoors when the curtains are drawn, candles are lit and the logs crackle on the fire. I think it's just the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x