12 December 2015

Knitting - Allsorts and bits of everything

****** Update - WE WON the Christmas tree competition ******

It's been a busy week, lots on, not too much Christmas prep done, but I have had fun knitting for Master Laurie.  He requested a fair isle slipover/tank/vest a while back and I finally got to it in my list of knitting requests.

The pattern was a basic vest and I then used a fair isle design from the Alice Starmore Fair isle knitting book. The yarn used was Sirdar Snuggly DK, plus some odds and ends of other DK for some of the pattern.




Today I popped down to our local church St Andrews, Swavesey, to check out the annual Christmas Tree Festival.  The Monday craft group I go to - Crafty Ladies, entered a tree in conjunction with Swavesey WI.
We decided that it would be good to make a tree that could be donated to charity and help those less fortunate than ourselves. Who knew there were so many shades of green?







There are prizes for the best tree, voting end tomorrow afternoon, here are some of the other entrants, firstly the children
Swavesey Playtimers
1st Swavesey Rainbows
1st Swavesey Cubs







then the adults

Bethel Baptist Church
Jenny Summerton
Jill Holland






What next? - the village was on fire literally, on Wednesday evening.  The local pub, The White Horse, arranged a charity Fire Walking event for - Hero's Children's cancer charity.  Our friend Janet decided she would have a go, crazy, yes!  Here she is in action.  The local paper came and they put up a video and photos too



Tomorrow the girls and I are off to Birmingham to see Simply Red in concert and a bit of retail therapy beforehand.  Next week is crazy busy.... at some point I will get the tree dressed, its bought, installed in the barn but that's as far as we have got......

3 comments:

  1. You live in a fabulous place. Those trees! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vest is wonderful, Sue. Laurie looks quite grown up wearing it! I'm crossing my fingers that the tree your craft group made wins. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see why your tree won -- so fun and pretty too. The vest is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x