2 January 2016

Knitting - 1st WIP of 2016

Good morning/afternoon and welcome to day 2 of 2016.  The trees are down, the house is tidy and I have been having fun with a new project.

This project is for Rachel, she requested a fair isle yoked cardigan and we trawled through Ravelry looking for ideas.  Finally deciding on the Ellen Cardigan by Amy Christoffers





The yarn I am using is Stylecraft Special Aran with Wool for the main, and just oddments of aran weight yarn for the fair isle. I love working top down as it allows you to make adjustments as you go (Rachel is very tall) and also allows for the fun bit right at the start.

There have been a couple of project that I finished in the run up to Christmas but haven't shared on here.

The first was for Rebecca, she wanted a short sleeved but long chunky cardigan, again we went to Ravelry for the source and found this pattern - Best West from Drops  knitted in Drops Andes.  Rebecca decided whilst trying it on along the knitting process that she wanted the neck line to be round rather than a collar and to leave off the pockets (they'd only get filled with tissues and odds and ends from the boys).  This was the end result.  Rachel says the photos don't do it justice but as yet I don't have any of Rebecca wearing it.




There was just enough yarn left over for a matching hat which I made up from a basic hat pattern using the pattern repeat from the cardigan



Next whilst awaiting the navy yarn to arrive I whipped up this little number for Jessica.  Her first jumper/sweater. The pattern is from Sirdar's Secret Garden pattern book and called Design A.  It have a flower design around the bottom but the yarn I used doesn't really allow it to show up. The yarn used was King Cole Twist which is an aran weight.

These photos were taken in bad light so don't really do it justice either



I have lots of plans and projects in mind for the new year.  One being to try and work through some of my stash.  Lots of it has been hanging around for a while and should really be used.  I have several cardigan patterns in mind for myself.  I have yarn for a cot blanket (needed for May).  I'd also like to make another Ten Stitch Blanket, no idea who for or what colourway, but they are such a fun project to do.

So there you have it a new year, a new project and a whole fresh year laid out with no firm plans as yet....... the possibilities are endless

2 comments:

  1. The Fair Isle sweater is going to be lovely. I'm a big Fair Isle fan! Very nice sweaters you made for Rebecca and Jessica, too. Not that this has anything to do with knitting or your post, but it would appear from your pictures that we have the same kitchen countertops. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x