12 August 2016

Always knitting

Hello Friday, start of the weekend, well for me anyway.  I love my 3 day weekends. Thank you for the comments on my last post, still finding it so annoying that I no longer get email advice and have to remember to come looking, so apologies if you don't get a reply very swiftly.

Here's a little update on my projects.

My cardigan is at the sleeves stage (actually further along than this photo), and Kristie its fits beautifully so I can't see me not wearing it!!  It will look much better once blocked.


My bicycle is getting a makeover, have utilised some of the wedding bunting and sample flowers to pretty it up.



I plan to make some smaller flowers to put in between the hearts, then I think it will be enough, what do you think? I got hubby to move the reflector from the top of the basket, which I think looks much better.

 A knitting request from a new mum-to-be - enough projects to keep me going for some while - luckily the baby isn't due until November.  I have changed out some of the yarn on the Hundreds pattern, and may change out some of the others as I go along. This was just a first pass over my stash cupboard.  There is also a cot blanket and elephant to do, for which I have ordered some yarn


Plans for the weekend - visit my mother - pottering around the house and garden - pop into Cambridge for a coffee - not much else planned.

Btw all the chickens are now laying so we are egg central here.  Made an amazing frittata  yesterday, sorry no photos we'd eaten most of it before I remembered.

Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing

2 comments:

  1. Love the way the sweater is turning out. I should no longer be amazed by your work, but I always am. And it sounds like you'll be keeping busy with the baby projects. The bike bling is cute; I'll have to show my daughter. She'd probably like to dress up her bike, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to ride your bike through Cambridge, it would certainly turn some heads and it will look so bright and cheerful.
    Lovely colourful yarn too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, they are always appreciated, whether good or bad!! I like to respond to comments with an individual reply, so make sure your e-mail address is visible in your profile. I can't send a response to "no-reply" bloggers.

Yours in friendship, Sue x